An international artist and teacher, Kimberly Poppe brings together awareness and creativity through the lens of her camera as an accomplished fine art photographer. She also leads courses, workshops & retreats on meditation and perception worldwide.
Kimberly has a diverse education in the arts, and she was also immersed in Buddhist philosophy and practice for 20 years with some of the greatest Tibetan teachers of our time. In addition, she has also studied with some of the leading scientists, pioneers and teachers of mindfulness, loving kindness and self-compassion in the world. She has been teaching internationally for over 13 years now and is the designer and voice of the “clear mind” path on the bodhi meditation app. Her in-depth study of perception and the mind directly informs her photography and how she sees and experiences the world.
Kimberly is a gifted self-taught photographer who explores the art of seeing the extraordinary in the ordinary. Her work is greatly influenced by the Contemplative Photography movement. She is represented by UGallery (USA) and Rise Art (UK), and her images can be found in private collections around the world. She is currently working on a commission for Brittany Ferries new flagship, the Honfleur, for which she is also an art consultant.
Born in America, Kimberly was based in France for 15 years while traveling and working around the world for six months of each year. Ready to grow some deeper roots, she has recently settled in Amsterdam with her Italian husband, Davide Piai, with whom she often co-teaches, and their two kittens Milo & Zoe.
• The Museum of Modern Art (MOMA), NYC (Certifications—Seeing through Photographs, 2015 & Modern Art & Ideas, 2019)
• Institute for Wisdom & Compassion, Roqueredonde, France (Three Year Training Programme, Buddhist Philosophy & Practice), 2006-2009
• Wesleyan University, Middletown, CT, USA, (BA High Hons: English and Theater), 1992-1996
• The Cleveland Museum of Art, The History of Art, Intensive Year-Long Course, 1992
• Eventides, Monks, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, November 2017 (solo)
• Playing with the View, Minuscule, Lodève, France, July 2015 (solo)
• Seascapes, Tiona Gallery, Pacific Palms, NSW, Australia, January 2015
• Contemplative Works, Bahia Gallery, La Jolla, California, USA, November 2014
• Sukhavati, Dorint Gallery, Winterberg, Germany, October 2014
• Contemplative Photographers, The Institute for Wisdom & Compassion, Roqueredonde, France, August 2014
• Exposure 2013, See | Exhibition Space, Long Island City, NY, July 2013