As long as I can remember, I have been slightly obsessed with seeing—how we see, how we perceive, how we understand—curious about what we see and what we don’t see, with what is ‘reality’ and does ‘reality’ even exist?
This is what has led me to both meditation and photography. I am passionate about exploring perception and love sharing this exploration an experiential and fun way with others, be it privately through meditation mentoring, courses, workshops, retreats or just through my photography itself.
Kimberly has been immersed in Buddhist study and practice for the last 20 years. She has received personal instruction and training from some of the greatest Tibetan teachers of our time, and was encouraged to teach meditation. Kimberly leads workshops and retreats around the world. She is also the co-founder of bodhi, an international community dedicated to bringing a clear mind and an open heart into every aspect of our lives. Born in America, Kimberly has been based in France for the past 15 years and recently moved to Amsterdam with her Italian husband. She is also an accomplished photographer, bringing together meditation and creativity through the lens of her camera. Her images can be found in private collections around the world.
• The Museum of Modern Art (MOMA), NYC (Certification, Photography)
• Institute for Wisdom & Compassion, Roqueredonde, France (Three Year Retreat, 7 months each year, Tibetan Buddhist Study & Practice)
• Wesleyan University, Middletown, CT, USA, (B.A. High Hons)
• Playing with the View, Minuscule, Lodève, France, July 2015 (solo)
• Seascapes, Tiona Gallery, Pacific Palms, NSW, Australia, January 2015
• Contemplative Works, Bahia Gallery, La Jolla, California, USA, November 2014
• Sukhavati, Dorint Gallery, Winterberg, Germany, October 2014
• Contemplative Photographers, The Institute for Wisdom & Compassion, Roqueredonde, France, August 2014
• Exposure 2013, See | Exhibition Space, Long Island City, NY, July 2013
• Honorable Mention, Fine Art- Abstract, International Photography Awards (IPA), 2015
• Selected as a Featured Artist on Rise Art, 2015