An international meditation teacher, Kimberly Poppe leads courses, workshops & retreats worldwide. She also brings together awareness and creativity through the lens of her camera as an accomplished fine art photographer.
Kimberly was immersed in Buddhist study and practice for 20 years with some of the greatest Tibetan teachers of our time who personally trained her. She has also studied with some of the leading scientists, pioneers and teachers of mindfulness, loving kindness and self-compassion in the world. She has been teaching internationally for over 12 years now.
Born in America, Kimberly was based in France for 15 years and recently moved to her new home of Amsterdam with her Italian husband, Davide Piai, with whom she often co-teaches.
Creatively, Kimberly is also a gifted photographer. She hopes her images give people’s minds “the space to rest”. She is represented by UGallery (USA) and Rise Art (UK), and her work can be found in private collections around the world. She is currently working on a commission for Brittany Ferries new flagship, the Honfleur.
• Mindful Self-Compassion Intensive, Kristen Neff & Chris Germer, The Netherlands (Certificate), 2017
• The Museum of Modern Art (MOMA), NYC (Certification, Photography), 2016
• Institute for Wisdom & Compassion, Roqueredonde, France (Three Year Training Programme, Buddhist Philosophy & Practice), 2006-2009
• Wesleyan University, Middletown, CT, USA, (BA High Hons: English & Theatre), 1992-1996
• Eventides, Monks, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, November 2017 (solo)
• Playing with the View, Minuscule, Lodève, France, July 2015 (solo)
• Seascapes, Tiona Gallery, Pacific Palms, NSW, Australia, January 2015
• Contemplative Works, Bahia Gallery, La Jolla, California, USA, November 2014
• Sukhavati, Dorint Gallery, Winterberg, Germany, October 2014
• Contemplative Photographers, The Institute for Wisdom & Compassion, Roqueredonde, France, August 2014
• Exposure 2013, See | Exhibition Space, Long Island City, NY, July 2013
• Honorable Mention, Fine Art- Abstract, International Photography Awards (IPA), 2015
• Selected as a Featured Artist at Rise Art, 2015
• Phi Beta Kappa, Wesleyan University, 1996
• Connelly Prize Winner, Wesleyan University, 1995: awarded for outstanding work in non-fiction writing by the creative writing faculty—Annie Dillard, Tom Drury, Anne Greene, and Sandra Tyler.