An international teacher and artist, Kimberly Poppe leads courses, workshops & retreats on meditation, compassion and perception worldwide. She also brings together awareness and creativity through the lens of her camera as an accomplished fine art photographer.
Kimberly was immersed in Buddhist study and practice for 20 years with some of the greatest Tibetan teachers of our time who personally trained her. She has also studied with some of the leading scientists, pioneers and teachers of mindfulness, loving kindness and self-compassion in the world. She has been teaching internationally for over 13 years now and is also the designer and voice of the “clear mind” path on the bodhi meditation app.
Creatively, Kimberly is passionate about all forms of artistic expression. Having been an actor in NYC, a creative writer, and an amateur potter (as well a gigantic bear & clown at children’s parties), her current love and focus is photography. She is a gifted self-taught photographer that explores the art of seeing the extraordinary in the ordinary. She is represented by UGallery (USA) and Rise Art (UK), and her images can be found in private collections around the world. She is currently working on a commission for Brittany Ferries new flagship, the Honfleur, for which she is also an art consultant.
Born in America, Kimberly was based in France for 15 years while traveling and working around the world for six months of each year. Ready to grow some deeper roots, she has recently settled in Amsterdam with her Italian husband, Davide Piai, with whom she often co-teaches, and their two kittens Milo & Zoe.
• Mindful Self-Compassion Intensive, Kristen Neff & Chris Germer, The Netherlands (Certificate), 2017
• The Museum of Modern Art (MOMA), NYC (Certification, Photography), 2016
• Institute for Wisdom & Compassion, Roqueredonde, France (Three Year Training Programme, Buddhist Philosophy & Practice), 2006-2009
• The Actor’s Center (The Alliance for the Development of Theatre Artists), NYC, 1997-2000
• Wesleyan University, Middletown, CT, USA, (BA High Hons: English and Theater), 1992-1996
• Eventides, Monks, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, November 2017 (solo)
• Playing with the View, Minuscule, Lodève, France, July 2015 (solo)
• Seascapes, Tiona Gallery, Pacific Palms, NSW, Australia, January 2015
• Contemplative Works, Bahia Gallery, La Jolla, California, USA, November 2014
• Sukhavati, Dorint Gallery, Winterberg, Germany, October 2014
• Contemplative Photographers, The Institute for Wisdom & Compassion, Roqueredonde, France, August 2014
• Exposure 2013, See | Exhibition Space, Long Island City, NY, July 2013
• Honorable Mention, Fine Art- Abstract, International Photography Awards (IPA), 2015
• Inducted into the Phi Beta Kappa, academic honour society, USA, 1996
• Connelly Prize Winner, Wesleyan University, 1995: awarded for outstanding work in non-fiction writing by the creative writing faculty—Annie Dillard, Tom Drury, Anne Greene, and Sandra Tyler.